Sunday, June 23, 2013

A post from Ms. Allen and her summer vacation pictures for you


Keep working on your Summer Reading Goals!  Make sure that you are reading at least twenty minutes a day!  I have been very busy working on my Summer Reading Goals of reading for at least 60 minutes a day!  I have been learning about how you learn to read!  Keep reading and use your SUPERPOWERS so that you can start first grade strong!  Happy Reading!!




 
Last week I went to the Lake of the Ozarks on vacation.  While there I went on a hike and found The History Tree!  This tree is huge!!!  Look at how big the tree is compared to me!  When they cut down this tree it was over 1000 years old!  The History Tree got me thinking about how trees grow.  I found this website that explains how trees grow -http://woodmagic.vt.edu/kids/grow/index.htm.  After you read the first page, click the “So, how does the crown get taller” link on the bottom of the page to find out how trees can get so tall.  This got me thinking… how do tree trunks get wider?  Before reading on to the next page, finish the writing prompt: Tree trunks get wider…  After you finish your prediction click the link on the bottom of the page to check your prediction and learn how tree trunks get wider.  As you continue with your research on trees, you can find more information on this website.  I can’t wait to hear about all of the information that you learned about trees.